Chesapeake and Ohio 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive Class F15
The locomotive shown in this drawing was built by the Schenectady plant of the American Locomotive Company (ALCO) for the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway (C&O) in August of 1902. The locomotive were classified as Class F15 and were the first Pacific locomotives used on the C&O. Between 1915-24 the C&O rebuilt all 27 of its F19 class locomotives with new mainframes, larger cylinders, Walschaert value gear, 73" drivers, superheaters, new cabs, and larger tenders. In 1930, stokers were added the Class F15s. Most of Class F15s survived until near the end of the steam era, but by 1952 the entire class had been retired.
Visit Google Books to download a PDF of this book (below).