Coal & Coke Railway
In May of 1892, Henry G. Davis incorporated the Coal & Coke Railroad (C&C), and purchased the existing Charleston, Clendenin & Sutton Railroad which had completed a rail line from Charleston to Flatwoods, WV. The Coal & Coke Railway (C&C) extended in a general northeast-southwest direction from Elkins to Charleston, WV, a distance of 175 miles.
The C&C line connecting Elkins and Charleston was completed in January of 1906. The C&C provided a direct link between the railroad lines in the northern and southern parts of West Virginia, thus providing both northern and southern coalfields with easier access to "western markets," e.g., the Great Lakes.
In 1917 the Coal & Coke Railway was taken over by the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O).