Greenbrier Division - C&O RY
The Greenbrier Division of the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway (C&O) was a branch line from the C&O mainline at Whitcomb, Greenbrier County, that extended northward across the county into Pocahontas County, following the Greenbrier River to its northern termination at Winterburn Station (Thornwood P. O.). At Durbin the line made a connection with the Durbin Branch of the Western Maryland Railway (WM).
The branch was completed to Cass in 1901, to Durbin in 1902, and was completed to Winterburn in 1905. The completion of the rail line marked a new era in the prosperity of Pocahontas County and continued to be one of the most valued assests of the county for many decades.
Stations on the Greenbrier Division were as follows: Ronceverte, Whitcomb, North Caldwell, Keister, Anthony, Spring Creek, and Renick, in Greenbrier County, and Droop Mountain, Beard, Seebert, Watoga, Buckeye, Marlinton, Clawson, Clover Lick, Sitlington, Cass, Hosterman, Boyer, Durbin, Bartow, and Winterburn, in Pocahontas County.