The Virginian Inaugurates Operation Over Entire Electrified Zone
An article in the September 1926 edition of Railway and Locomotive Engineering the Virginian Railway reported that the railroad had just opened its entire electrified zone between Mullens, West Virginia and Roanoke, Virginia. The section between Mullens and Princeton, WV had been in operation for about one year. According to the article, the first electric locomotive arrived on the Virginian in July 1925 and electrical operation of trains on Clarks Gap hill began on September 15, 1925.
NOTE: The file below is large and may take some time to load.